Duncan Aviation is seeking a highly-skilled Cyber Security Analyst to join its talented IT team. This is a newly created position that will be responsible to develop security standards and policies to ensure Duncan Aviation’s technical intelligence is kept secure from cyber threats.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will:
- Review current security threats and develop policies to secure current and future technical intelligence and systems;
- Collaborate with System Engineers to ensure current IT system protections are effectively preventing cyber-attacks;
- Monitor and respond to active security threats and deploy actions to remedy the security concerns;
- Identify cybersecurity training needs, assist with development, and deliver training to Duncan Aviation team members; and
- Conduct ongoing security assessments and provide recommendations to improve security-related processes and procedures
If you have a solid IT technical background, 3+ years of Cyber Security and policy development or implementation experience, a knack for mitigating risk, and a high level of integrity, this is the career for you!
- Create and monitor security systems; provide analysis and remediation for anomalous network and system activity. Recommend and collaborate with team and third parties regarding specific remediation procedures for all security-related concerns.
- Demonstrate expertise with tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling and evaluate threats, vulnerabilities and risks while supporting real-time security monitoring operations
- Conduct security assessment. Review all network hardware, systems, software, and facilities security design during planning, implementation, testing, and maintenance. Reduce vulnerabilities to an acceptable level of risk by recommending modifications to network, systems and software that align with organizational risk tolerance. Present results and recommendations to management.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures and make recommendations for security policy improvements. Lead the planning, design and implementation of the preventive, detective and corrective controls to support monitoring, problem identification, data analysis, and resolution for security-related incidents
- Conduct security awareness training and outreach.
- Effectively advise and collaborate with all team members (technical and non-technical) using excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs other duties assigned by management.
Required Skills and Behaviors
- Licenses/Certificates: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs.; reads small print; repetitive motion; tolerates working in confined spaces and heights above four feet; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Associates degree or equivalent in Computer Information Systems or Cyber Security preferred
Minimum of three years of IT Security related experience required
- Security certifications preferred
Interested? Apply now through Duncan Aviation website! All applications require:
Our team consists of over 130 committed professionals at all levels. Founded in 1946, we offer Architecture, Civil Engineering, Environmental and Surveying positions for commercial, education, governmental and utility clients. Additional services provided include: GIS, Interior Design, Landscape Architecture, Planning, and Reality Capture. We are always seeking bright, new talent to join our knowledgeable, creative, experienced team.