- Do little details energize you?
- Are you extremely organized?
- Are you a positive person?
- Do you possess Zen-like calmness in stressful situations?
- Do you identify a solution before there is even a problem?
- Are you agile and versatile?
If you love organizing a party or coordinating meetings and other events, you likely already have the skills needed for Southwest Michigan First’s hospitality internship. We are looking for a hard-working and detail-oriented person to organize events and to perform daily tasks. The hospitality intern will work directly to support the events team and perform tasks such as crafting detailed event plans and logistics; securing venues; assigning appropriate vendors for events;coordinating catering; and overseeing gatherings from beginning to end. Our ideal candidate will have strong communication and customer service skills, as well as be extremely organized. The candidate must be able to work quickly and efficiently on several projects at one time, be results-oriented,possess strong time management skills and work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. Through this internship, the selected candidate will develop professional skills to become better prepared for post-college employment.
The ideal candidate is seeking a career in Hospitality, Event Planning, Tourism Public Relations. The program is designed for ambitious individuals to make an impact on the community as they further develop important skills critical to a successful career. The candidate must be:
- Efficient, driven and able to self-manage
- Execute with the highest attention to detail
- Possess strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills
- Manage event execution which includes but is not limited to: set-up and tear-down, moving tables/chairs, restocking and packing/unpacking equipment
- Able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Capable of standing, sitting or walking for an extended period of time
- Flexible: early mornings and late evenings may be required
- Proficient in MS Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Meet deadlines on or before schedule
- Capable of working within a team, but not need the team to drive productivity
- Able to take direction and redirection in a positive manner
- Committed to putting excellence into all work
Interested? Apply now through Indeed! All applications require:
- Cover Letter
About Southwest Michigan First
Southwest Michigan First is an organization of privately funded economic development advisors who act as the catalyst for economic success in Southwest Michigan. Founded In 1999 on the principle that the greatest force for change is a job, the organization works across all industries throughout the seven counties making up the Southwest Michigan region.
Southwest Michigan First provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Southwest Michigan First complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Part-time
THIS JOB POST WAS SPONSORED BY SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN FIRST.