Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Do you love to write?
- Do little details energize you?
- Are you the first to uncover grammar mistakes?
- Do you look forward to deadlines?
- Is organization one of your strong points?
- Are you a critical reader and a lover of words?
If you can tell a good story, are a good listener and notice the smallest of details even when it comes down to reading a text or an email, you likely possess the skills needed for the writer associate position. The writer associate will work directly to support the marketing and communications team by weaving a great story into business writing, creative writing, editing and short interviews turned into bestsellers. Our ideal candidate must possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently on several projects at one time, is results-oriented, has strong time management skills and works enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment. The position also has a technical and digital component requiring the ability to update WordPress forms as well as manage data in CRM platforms.
Are you motivated by being a member of a high performing team, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a passion for writing? Submit your resume and cover letter for consideration today!
The ideal candidate is seeking a career in freelance writing, editing, technical writing or publishing. The position is designed for ambitious individuals who want to impact their community as they further develop important skills critical to a successful career.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Literature, Creative Writing, History, English or related field.
- Have at least two to four years of related experience.
- Meet deadlines on or before schedule.
- Be efficient, driven and able to self-manage.
- Possess strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Execute with the highest attention to detail.
- Hold off-the-charts skill levels with Microsoft Word, Word Press, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. that are off the charts.
- Operate within a team, but not need the team to drive productivity.
- Take direction and redirection in a positive manner is expected.
- Be capable of working with diverse stakeholders.
- Commit to putting excellence into all work.
- And, be fearless in the face of technology.
Interested? Apply now through Indeed! All applications require:
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Writing Samples (each 1,000 words or less AND no longer than two typed pages)
About Southwest Michigan First
Southwest Michigan First is an organization of privately funded economic development advisors who act as the catalyst for economic success in Southwest Michigan.Founded in 1999 on the principle that the greatest force for change is a job,the organization works across all industries throughout the seven countries making up the Southwest Michigan region.
Southwest Michigan First provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Southwest Michigan First complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.